Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Frank DanCoolo: Paranormal Drug Dealer Short Film Review



I honestly didn't care much for this film. I can appreciate that it is a fairly well executed powerhouse whirlwind of special effects and compositing, but I just couldn't get into the story or the characters at all. I found the lead actress far too abrasive and I'm no really a fan of the over-the-top cartoon style that was used in this film.

The special effects themselves were impressive at times and not so great at others. Virtually every shot in the film is a mashup of various composited elements. The dialogue and action jumps around like an anime or grindhouse kung-fu film. It seems to me that the filmmakers just tried to cram every cool thing they could think of into a film and I don't think it worked out.

No comments:

Post a Comment